- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for BRONCODIL SYR and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for BRONCODIL SYR
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewBRONCODIL SYR is a Schedule H drug.
BRONCODIL SYR is composed of: GUAIFENESIN (50 MG), AMBROXOL HYDROCHLORIDE (15 MG), CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE (2.5 MG), MENTHOL (0.5 MG)
Guaifenesin is an expectorant. It helps loosen congestion in your chest and throat, making it easier to cough out through your mouth.Guaifenesin is used to reduce chest congestion caused by the common cold, infections, or allergies.It promotes lower respiratory tract drainage by thinning the mucus in the air passages to make it easier to cough up the mucus and clear the airways.
Ambroxol hydrochloride promotes mucus clearence, facilitates expectoration and eases productive cough
Cetirizine hydrochloride is an antihistamine that reduces the natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose. It is used to treat cold or allergy symptoms such as sneezing, itching, watery eyes, or runny nose.Cetirizine hydrochloride is also used to treat itching and swelling caused by hives. It treats allergy symptoms such as such as itching, swelling, and rashes by blocking the effects of a chemical messenger (histamine) in the body.
UsageGUAIFENESIN is generally used to treat: Bronchitis, Laryngitis, Pharyngitis, Rhinitis, Sinusitis, Whooping Cough
GUAIFENESIN can address symptoms like: Shortness Of Breath, Difficulty Breathing, Wheezing, Cough, Chest Pain, Chest Discomfort, Fever, Head Headache, Fatigue (tiredness), Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
AMBROXOL HYDROCHLORIDE is generally used to treat: Acute Bronchitis, Bronchospasm Cough
AMBROXOL HYDROCHLORIDE can address symptoms like: Thick Saliva Or Mucus, Throat Soreness
CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE is generally used to treat: Common Cold, Hives
CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE can address symptoms like: Eyes Watery Eyes, Runny Nose, Eyes Itching, Sneezing, Nose Itching
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 6month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?BRONCODIL SYR is generally taken After Food.
Precautions for BRONCODIL SYR and its Constituents
- You should not use guaifenesin if you are allergic to guaifenesin.
- Use guaifenesin exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Drink extra fluids to help loosen the congestion and lubricate your throat while you are taking this medication.
- Take guaifenesin with food if it upsets your stomach.Measure the liquid form of guaifenesin with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon.
- Do not crush, chew, break, or open a controlled-release, delayed-release, or extended-release tablet or capsule. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
- The liquid forms and powder packets of this medication may contain aspartame. If you have phenylketonuria or any other condition that requires you to restrict your intake of aspartame (or phenylalanine), consult your doctor or pharmacist about using this product safely.
- Use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle; discard after 4 weeks of opening even if not used
Diabetic, Asthma patients should take advice from Dr.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking cetirizine because you may feel sleepy.
- Avoid alcohol intake while taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects: changes in vision, severe dry mouth, trouble urinating, constipation or drowsiness.Do not start or continue the cetirizine tablets:If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cetirizine or any of the other ingredients of cetirizine tablet.
- If you have severe kidney problem or severe liver problem.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered before taking cetirizine tablets in case of any following disease conditions such as fits, severe kidney impairment, intolerance to sugars.
- Take cetirizine exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
- You may take cetirizine with or without food.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed before you swallow it.
Symptoms of OverdosageAMBROXOL HYDROCHLORIDE over-dosage can result in: Nausea, Vomit
CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE over-dosage can result in: Drowsiness, Mood Swings, Restless Or Irritability, Nervousness
Common Side-EffectsGUAIFENESIN : Diarrhoea, Skin Rash, Hives, Dizziness, Head Headache, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Upset Stomach
AMBROXOL HYDROCHLORIDE : Stomach Pain, Allergic Dermatitis, Nausea, Vomit
CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE : Constipation, Stomach Pain, Drowsiness, Fatigue (tiredness), Dry Mouth, Throat Soreness, Cough, Nausea, Head Headache
Serious Side-EffectsGUAIFENESIN : Breathlessness, Difficulty Breathing
AMBROXOL HYDROCHLORIDE : Diarrhoea
CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE : Insomnia, Breathlessness, Confusion, Eyes Blurred Vision, Pounding Heart (pulse), Weakness (generalized), Hyperactive Behavior, Decreased Urination
Rare Side-EffectsCETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Face Swelling
Technical ClassificationGUAIFENESIN is categorized as: EXPECTORANTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
AMBROXOL HYDROCHLORIDE is categorized as: MUCOLYTICS / RESPIRATORY INHALANT PRODUCTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE is categorized as: ANTIHISTAMINES / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
Available Alternatives for BRONCODIL SYR
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|BRONCODIL SYR||INR 42 for 100ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 50 MG, AMBROXOL HYDROCHLORIDE 15 MG, CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5 MG, MENTHOL 0.5 MG|