- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for ALEX SUGAR FREE SYRUP and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Disease Interactions
- 8 Technical Classification
- 9 Prescription Statistics
- 9.1 How Frequently is it taken?
- 9.2 What was the Dosage Advised?
- 9.3 How long was it prescribed?
- 9.4 What is the break-up across patient age-group?
- 9.5 What is the gender-breakup across patients?
- 9.6 What kind of doctors prescribe this medicine?
- 9.7 Most common Medicines advised along-side?
- 9.8 Most common Diagnostic/Lab Tests advised along-side?
- 10 Available Alternatives for ALEX SUGAR FREE SYRUP
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewALEX SUGAR FREE SYRUP is a Schedule H drug.
ALEX SUGAR FREE SYRUP is composed of: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (10 MG), CHLORPHENIRAMINE (2 MG)
Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. It affects the signals in the brain that trigger cough reflex. Dextromethorphan is used to treat a cough. Dextromethorphan will not treat a cough that is caused by smoking, asthma, or emphysema. Do not use it if you are using or have used an MAO inhibitor within the past 14 days of the treatment.
Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine that reduces the effects of natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose Chlorpheniramine is used to treat
UsageDEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE is generally used to treat: Runny Nose And Dry Cough
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE can address symptoms like: Cough
CHLORPHENIRAMINE is generally used to treat: Common Cold
CHLORPHENIRAMINE can address symptoms like: Sneezing, Body Itching, Eyes Watery Eyes, Runny Nose
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 4yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
Precautions for ALEX SUGAR FREE SYRUP and its Constituents
- Always ask a doctor before giving a cough or cold medicine to a child. Death can occur from the misuse of cough and cold medicines in very young children.
- Do not use any other over-the-counter cough, cold, or allergy medication without first asking your doctor or pharmacist.
- Dextromethorphan may be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
- Dextromethorphan may pass into breast milk and could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
- Avoid drinking alcohol. It can increase some of the side effects of dextromethorphan. This medication can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
- Avoid taking diet pills, caffeine pills, or other stimulants (such as ADHD medications) without your doctor’s advice.
- Avoid excess dosage.
- Avoid long-term use of this medication.
Caution should be exercised in patients with history of asthma, lung disease, heart problems, high blood pressure, sugar, blood vessel problems, stroke, increased eye pressure, intestinal blockage, ulcer, urinary obstruction, enlarged prostate, seizures, overactive thyroid, any allergy, who are taking other medications, elderly, children, during pregnancy and
Symptoms of OverdosageDEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE over-dosage can result in: Eyes Blurred Vision, Confusion, Difficulty Urinating, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Nausea, Vomit, Difficulty Breathing, Restless Or Irritability, Nervousness
Common Side-EffectsDEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE : Confusion, Constipation, Dizziness, Head Headache, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Pain
CHLORPHENIRAMINE : Fever, Wheezing, Tightness, Difficulty Breathing, Hoarse Voice, Face Swelling, Drowsiness, Fatigue (tiredness), Nervousness, Frequent Urination, Arms Joint Pain, Eyes Double Vision (with One Eye Covered)
Disease InteractionsCHLORPHENIRAMINE can interfere with: Urinary Retention, Glaucoma, Asthma, COPD, Hypotension, Acute Liver Failure
Technical ClassificationDEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE is categorized as: ANTITUSSIVES / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
CHLORPHENIRAMINE is categorized as: NASAL ANTIHISTAMINES AND DECONGESTANTS / NASAL PREPARATIONS / TOPICAL AGENTS
Prescription StatisticsFollowing information is taken from treatment plans advised by our doctors. This is Only for informational purpose and you must seek doctor’s advice if you are not well.
How Frequently is it taken?
|3 Times Daily||78%|
|2 Times Daily||8%|
What was the Dosage Advised?
How long was it prescribed?
What is the break-up across patient age-group?
|5 to 12yrs||2%|
|12 to 18yrs||2%|
|18 to 35yrs||21%|
|35 to 50yrs||20%|
|50 to 60yrs||15%|
|60 to 70yrs||19%|
|70yrs and above||20%|
What is the gender-breakup across patients?
What kind of doctors prescribe this medicine?
|Cardio Thoracic Surgeon||2%|
|Gynaecologist And Obstetrician||1%|
Most common Medicines advised along-side?
|DOLO TAB 650MG||15%|
|MONTEK 10MG TAB||13%|
|MONTAIR FX TAB||12%|
Most common Diagnostic/Lab Tests advised along-side?
|XRAY CHEST PA (RADIOLOGY)||14%|
Available Alternatives for ALEX SUGAR FREE SYRUP
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|ALEX SUGAR FREE SYRUP||INR 94 for 100 ML SYRUP||DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10 MG, CHLORPHENIRAMINE 2 MG|
|EXPECT-D SYR||INR 44.95 for 100 ML SYRUP||DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10 MG, CHLORPHENIRAMINE 2 MG|
|ZEDEX SYR||INR 90.5 for 100 ML SYRUP||DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10 MG, CHLORPHENIRAMINE 2 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|ALEX JUNIOR SYP||INR 68 for 1UNIT||DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5 MG, CHLORPHENIRAMINE 2 MG/ML|
|ASCORIL D JUNIOR SYP||INR 64.5 for 60 ML SYRUP||DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10 MG, CHLORPHENIRAMINE 2 MG, PHENYLEPHRINE 1 MG/ML|
|BROVIS D SYP||INR for||PHENYLEPHRINE 12.5 MG, CHLORPHENIRAMINE 10 MG, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 2 MG|
|FLUZET TAB||INR 42.5 for 10 TABLETS||PARACETAMOL 500 MG, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15 MG, PHENYLEPHRINE 5 MG, CHLORPHENIRAMINE 2 MG|
|HH LINCTUS 100 MLSYP||INR 73 for 1 SYRUP||CHLORPHENIRAMINE 4 MG, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 2 MG/ML|
|PROTUSSA SYR||INR 77 for 60 ML SYRUP||DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5 MG, CHLORPHENIRAMINE 1 MG|
|SOLVIN DECONGESTANT SYP||INR 38 for 60ML SYR||DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5 MG, CHLORPHENIRAMINE 0.4 MG/ML|
|SOLVIN EXP||INR 60 for 100 ML SYRUP||DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5 MG, CHLORPHENIRAMINE 0.4 MG/ML|