There are various home remedies that can help in relieving the discomfort caused by ovarian cyst like lower abdomen pain, heavy bleeding, irregular menstruation, spotting, weight gain, nausea, vomiting etc.
Home Remedies for Ovarian Cyst
- Almonds: It is a great source of magnesium that reduces painful cramps associated with ovarian cysts. Regular consumptions help to relieve the pain and discomfort and also helps in aiding weight loss, as weight gain is most common symptom of ovarian cyst.
- Honey: It reduces hunger pangs and keeps you full. Mix one tbsp of honey with lemon and lukewarm water and have it only on an empty stomach early in the morning. This aids in losing weight.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a natural anti-oxidant and it is an excellent source for increasing immunity. It has the ability to destroy any abnormal cells like cysts developing or developed in the body. Amla (Indian gooseberry) is an excellent source of Vitamin C. Include Amla in your diet.
- Castor Oil Pack: Castor oil packs are an age-old remedy for ovarian cysts. Castor oil clears the body of excess tissues and toxins. It also stimulates the lymphatic and circulatory systems, which helps reduce and dissolve ovarian cysts.
- Flaxseed: Flaxseed is considered an incredible medicine in the treatment of ovarian cyst because it can balance the amount of estrogen in the body. Flax seeds are high in fiber and can help in flushing out the harmful toxins. Mix 1 tablespoon of flaxseed in a glass of warm water. Drink it daily on an empty stomach.
- Increase fluid intake: The best option is water. Try to drink water at regular intervals. Water flushes out toxins from the system.
- Aloe vera: Drinking Aloe vera juice on empty stomach in the morning helps to provide relief in ovarian cysts.
- Beetroot: It is rich in betacyanin, which is used to strengthen the liver and help eradicate the toxins out of your body. Because of beetroot alkaline nature, this herb can help in reducing the acidity of your body and thereby reduce the seriousness of many ovarian cyst symptoms.
- Oats: Oats enhances bowel movement and also serves one of the best food for weight loss mostly taken as breakfast. Irritation and itching caused by the cysts are minimized by having oats.
- Epsom Salt Bath: An Epsom salt bath will also greatly help reduce pain and other symptoms associated with ovarian cysts. The high magnesium sulfate content in Epsom salt works as a muscle relaxant that in turn eases pain.
- Ginger: Ginger is abundant in anti-inflammatory agents, it is one of the finest natural home remedies for the ovarian cyst.
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa): An ancient remedy of taking Turmeric (Curcuma longa) with plain water is highly beneficial as Turmeric balances menstruation cycles and reduces the pain due to ovarian cysts. There are plenty of health benefits of turmeric in abdominal problems.
- Lemon: For nausea cut a lemon and inhale every time you feel nauseous and you can also drink lemon water when nausea symptoms arise.
- Chamomile tea: Chamomile tea is also considered a good remedy for treating ovarian cysts and the associated pain and discomfort and also soothes your gut and supports digestion. The gentle sedative effect of chamomile tea will reduce pain and help you to relax.
- Apple cider vinegar: It is high in potassium and can help women who have the cysts due to potassium deficiency. Some people have found great success with a teaspoon of vinegar, a teaspoon of blackstrap molasses, and a glass of water when it comes to shrinking their cysts. It can even be helpful in treating symptoms like cramping, headaches, irritability and fatigue.
- Red raspberry: Leaves of red raspberry are beneficial for women suffering from a heavy menstrual flow. Tannins in this help to strengthen the uterine muscles & also reduces abdominal pain. Add 1 tablespoon of dried red raspberry leaves to a cup of hot water, cover for 10min and then strain, have this tea three times a day during your periods.
- Cinnamon: A tea prepared by using cinnamon stick in a cup of boiling water is very effective home remedy for stopping heavy periods.
- Mustard seeds: Take 40 grams of dried mustard seeds and grind to fine powder.Take 2 grams of mustard seed powder with milk twice a day before or during menstrual cycle to arrest excessive bleeding. This is an effective home remedy for heavy periods.