Eye Care after the Surgery
- Do not rub the eyes
- Avoid head bath for a period advised by the doctor (usually 3-4 weeks).
- Avoid using the handkerchief to mop the eye. Use sterile tissue only.
- You should use your eye drops according to the prescription.
- You can watch TV, read books, from the day after your treatment – but do not strain your eyes.
- You can work on computers from the 3rd day of your treatment or as advised by the doctor.
- You can have your normal food.
- Do not clean the eye on the day of your treatment.
- Do not use eye makeup for one month.
Clean your eyes properly
- Boil some water and allow it to cool.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Use cotton wool or clean gauze dipped in the cool boiled water to gently wipe around your eyelid and remove any sticky deposits from your lids and lashes.
- Do not wipe inside your eye, wash your eye out with water or press on your eye.
- During the first two weeks, you may need to clean your eye twice a day because the drops and the healing process can cause slight stickiness.
- Do instill eye drops regularly, as advised by your eye doctor.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before instilling eye drops.
- Check the dropper tip to make sure that it is not chipped or cracked.
- Do not let the dropper-tip get contaminated. Avoid touching the dropper tip against your eye.
- Eye drops should be administered properly by the correct person in the correct strength to the correct eye.