Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Flavonoids have cardio tonic properties. Fruits like berries, apples, oranges, lemons and vegetables like onion, garlic, spinach and spouts.
- Vitamin rich food
- High fibre diet
- Sugar and salt (less in quantity)
- Ice creams
- Fried, processed and refined foods
- Junk foods
- Animal proteins
Yoga and ExerciseThe patient should undertake outdoor exercises like walking, swimming, cycling, take sun baths and do deep breathing exercises.
Asanas to relieve from varicose veins are
- At least once a day elevate your legs above the heart level for 20 inches
- Wear medical compression stockings
- Immerse your legs in tub of cold water and simulate waking
- After bathing apply oil over the veins affected and have a gentle massage
- Avoid long periods of standing and sitting