Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Eat plenty of fresh pineapple for increased blood circulation.
- Take odor free garlic capsules or cook it in your food. Garlic helps to both reduce inflammation and increase circulation.
- Increase your intake of raw fruits, green vegetables, and cooked legumes (beans). These foods are rich in vitamins, amino acids and phytogenic compounds that help reduce inflammation such as in the ear.
- Snack on dried fruits and nuts. These are also beneficial in reducing tinnitus naturally
Reduce intake of salt and avoid caffeinated beverages
- Reduce smoking and alcohol consumption as these are thought to effect the sounds in your ears.
- Try not using aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) which is derived from salicylic acid. Aspirin is known to cause ringing in the ears in some people.
Yoga and Exercise
- Open your mouth as wide as possible, and then with your hand on your chin, pull your mouth open even wider. Hold the position for 30 seconds.
- Assisted opening works much like the max opening exercise. Open your mouth, then hook two fingers over your lower front teeth. Pull your mouth open even wider and hold for a few seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- With your mouth relaxed and slightly open, slide your jaw to the right as far as you can. Place your left fist against your jaw and apply pressure to keep your jaw to the right for 30 seconds. Reverse direction with your jaw slid to the left, pushing with your right fist. Repeat four times in four daily sessions.
- Facing a mirror, bite your teeth together, paying attention to the position of the two middle teeth on your lower jaw. Slowly open your mouth while attempting to keep the two teeth centered without moving your jaw to the left or right. Repeat 10 times daily.
Yoga asanas which help in relieving the symptoms of tinnitus include:
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog)
- Ushtrasana (Camel Pose)
- Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
- Navasana (Boat Pose)
Home RemediesThere are some simple things you can try yourself that may help manage your symptoms of tinnitus. These include:
- Taking regular exercise and making time to relax
- Keeping a low level of background sound, such as an opened window or leaving the radio on
- A natural tea with fenugreek seeds can help reduce the discomfort of tinnitus