Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Healthy eating routine with a diet rich in foods containing fibers, whole grains, low fat protein like fish and meat cuts. Include lots of vegetables and seasonal fruits.
- Sugar, caffeine, aerated drinks
- Junk foods, fast foods and comfort foods
Yoga and ExerciseRegular exercise helps in maintaining a healthy weight as obesity is one of the factors to help in growth of skin tags.
Home RemediesSkin tags can be removed by some of the home remedies like:
- Tie a thin string, a dental floss or a fishing line at the base of the skin tag and block the blood supply. This will cause the tissues to die and the skin tag will fall off eventually.
- Dabbing a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar on the skin tag will turn it black and it will eventually fall off. You should avoid using this method on anal skin tags and near the eyes.
- Using fingernail polish over the skin tags repeatedly about two-three times a day is said to shrink the skin tags. As a fingernail polish dries off the skin tag will dry off and start to shrink within a week or two.
- Cover the skin tag completely with a small amount of duct tape, keeping it over the skin tag until it the tape loosens.