Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
Beta-carotene is known to increase tolerance to sunlight and also has anti-oxidant property. So incorporates foods high in beta-carotene in your diet. Examples include kale, sweet potato, turnip greens, spinach and carrots.
Foods to be avoided
- Apply a towel dampened with cool tap water to the affected skin, or take a cool bath
- To speed healing and avoid infection, leave blisters intact. If needed, you can lightly cover blisters with gauze
- Use sun screen products (lotions, creams)
- Avoid the sun between 10 am and 4 pm
- Wear tightly woven clothing that covers your arms and legs and a broad-brimmed hat