Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and healthful snacks, such as homemade smoothies and dried fruits.
- There is a possible link between otosclerosis and calcium levels in the body, because the condition can develop or worsen during pregnancy. A diet rich in calcium, therefore may help slow the development of otosclerosis.
- Cinnamon powder with honey consumed in the morning and at night helps to improve your hearing.
- Saturated fats
Yoga and ExerciseYOGA
- Pranayama (Breathing Exercises)
- Bhastrika (Bellow Breathing)
- Anulom Vilom (Alternate Nostril Breathing)
- Kapalbhati (Cleansing Breath) are all very helpful to remove any blockages that you may have in your ears.
Home RemediesIf there is an ear pain avoid the following as these may worsen the condition
- Avoid blowing your nose
- Avoid cold temperatures
- Reduce your risk of upper respiratory tract infections by avoiding sick people
- Avoid changes in air pressure (air travel or scuba diving)
- Avoid loud noises