- Whitish, pearly bump in the skin across the cheeks, nose, and chin
Whitish, pearly bump on gums or roof of mouth (they may look like teeth coming through the gums)
CausesMilia spots are formed due to the inability of the skin to shed dead cells naturally which led to the accumulation of dead cells near the top layer and this leads to milia bumps.
The cause of milium cysts in newborns is unknown. In older children and adults, the cause is typically associated with some type of damage to the skin.
- skin conditions that cause blistering
- blistering injuries, such as poison ivy
- skin resurfacing procedures, such as dermabrasion or laser resurfacing
- long-term use of steroid creams
- long-term sun damage