Food and Nutrition
Foods to be taken
You can help keep your body in good shape by eating a healthy diet with lots of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Choose foods that are low in saturated fat and sugar. Drink plenty of water.
- Vitamin D has been proven to be a very good agent in maintaining back health. A lack of vitamin D, the ? sunshine? vitamin, may contribute to back pain, Get enough amount of vitamin from sun and have foods like fish, whole milk, eggs, breakfast cereals.
- Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is a vitamin that helps lower back pain. Foods like green leafy vegetables, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Brussels, Sprouts, Papayas, strawberries are rich in vitamin C.
- Vitamins B1, B6, and B12 may considerably reduce your lower back pain. Foods like spinach, carrots, beans, and whole grains are rich sources of these vitamins
- Taking vitamin E regularly, you can increase the antioxidant reaction in your body that may help relieve lower back pain. Spinach, nuts, tomatoes, wheat are some of the foods rich in vitamin E.
- Top foods which reduce back pain include pineapples, all kinds of berries, green tea, turmeric, garlic, ginger, and cold water fish.
Foods to be avoided
- Certain vegetable oils such as corn, safflower, sunflower, cottonseed, or mixed vegetable oils
- Processed and refined foods
- Products containing high-fructose corn syrup
- Foods high in saturated fat, including meat, tropical oils, and full-fat dairy products
- Foods made with trans fats
Yoga and Exercise
- Both aerobic and strength training exercises can help. Aerobic exercise includes walking, swimming or cycling, all of which can help strengthen the back.
- Neck stretches, including bending and extension range-of-motion exercises, are just a series of simple side-to-side, up-and-down and ear-to-shoulder stretches that can dramatically improve the health of the cervical spine.
Yoga postures which help in reducing back pain include
- Fists Forward Bend watch video
- Wall Plank
- Downward-Facing Dog watch video
- Pigeon Pose watch video
- Back Traction Pose watch video
- Child Pose watch video
Music and MeditationPractice a relaxation technique daily: Options include mindfulness meditation (proven to ease chronic back pain), breath work, guided imagery, biofeedback, progressive muscle relaxation, and hypnotherapy.
- Do not sit slumped in your desk chair all day. Get up every 20 minutes or so and stretch the other way.
- Insufficient sleep is associated with increased neck and back problems. It is important to get a sufficient amount (between six and eight hours) and sleep in a position that enables the spine to relax.
- Heating pads and cold packs can comfort tender trunks. Most doctors recommend using ice for the first 48 hours after an injury – particularly if there is swelling and then switching to heat.
- Maintain a good posture. A good posture means that when you stand, your ears, shoulders, hips, and knees should be in line with one another.
One thought on “Lumbago: Treatment, Diet and Home Remedies”
Visitor Rating: 5 Stars
Comments are closed.