- You can help prevent problems in your sinuses by practising good hygiene. For example, wash your hands before eating and after using the bathroom. Be cognizant of what you touch during the day. Make sure to wash your hands before touching your face.
- Drink plenty of water and eat healthy foods to keep your immune system strong and functioning properly. Staying hydrated can also help your mucus drain.
- To prevent excessive sinus pressure you can have an over-the-counter decongestant which can prevent excessive irritation and mucus build-up that causes frontal sinus pressure.
Watch OutDischarge of thick yellowish- or greenish-coloured mucus
When to See DoctorConsult a doctor if you experience any symptoms like
- Pain in frontal sinuses
- Stuffy nose or sore throat
- Difficulty in breathing
- Feeling of pressure behind the eyes