Eosinophilia SymptomsSymptoms of Eosinophilia are essentially those of the underlying condition that triggers it.
- Eosinophilia due to asthma- Wheezing, Breathlessness, Dyspnea (difficulty breathing)
- Eosinophilia due to parasitic infection- Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea, Fever, Cough, Rashes
- Eosinophilia due to medicine reaction – Skin Rashes
- Rarer symptoms of eosinophilia – Weight loss, Night sweats, Lymph node enlargement, Skin rashes, Numbness and tingling due to nerve damage
The exact causative mechanisms of eosinophilia remain largely unclear. Many cases of eosinophilia are termed “idiopathic”, which means “of unknown origin”.
Eosinophilia may be caused by an illness to a specific area or an overproduction of these cells. The cause will vary based on the type of eosinophilia. Causes include:
- Allergy diseases, such as asthma, eczema, and allergic rhinitis
- Diseases from parasitic worms