Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Foods which can be easily digested like boiled food, green vegetables, fruits like banana, apples, soups etc.
- Drink number of glasses of water or any liquid thing such as juices, coconut water, ORS etc which can prevent you from dehydration.
- Daily food for dengue patients should include boiled vegetables, rice gruel, porridge, soup, toast, apples, plantains, and tea.
- Fruits rich in vitamin C like Amla. Papaya juice acts as a natural cure for dengue fever. To increase the blood count pomegranate juice/ black grape juice should be given. The orange juice helps with digestion, increased urinary output, promotes antibodies for faster healing and recovery.
- Green leafy vegetables, cod liver oil, flaxseed oils, and fresh fruits help to improve platelet count.
- The tea must be herbal, with Tulsi, Ginger, Cardamom and other such fever-reducing herbs in it.
- Foods that should be avoided are oil, spices, and salt.
- Saturated fats, refined sugar, and processed foods need to be avoided.
- Aerated beverages, junk, and oily foods.
- Do not consume raw food, especially vegetables in the form of salads. It is important to wash them carefully before consuming, as they may result in parasitic infection in the colon, which can lead to further infection.
Yoga and ExerciseThere are few asanas and pranayamas that can be practiced every day in order to prevent the different problems associated with dengue fever.
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama watch video
- Cows pose (Gomukha asana) watch video
- Cats pose (Marjari Asana) watch video
- Hares pose (Shashankasana) watch video
- Corpse pose (Shavasana) watch video
- To resist dehydration drink plenty of fluids
- Take complete bed rest